24 Rooms in a 300 sqft Small Apartment – Part 1
|June 15, 2011||Posted by Ann Khee under Ideas & Inspiration|
24-Room Mansion In One Apartment
This mini-series will spread into 3 Parts. We have selected a few small apartments with built-ups between 90 sq ft – 500 sq ft and to learn on decorating small apartment designs and ideas.
Let’s take a look at how Hong Kong architect, Gary Chang miraculously transformed his 300 sq ft apartment into a 24-room mansion by using the simple idea of futuristic movable walls. Small area yet efficient space and user-friendly.
Small apartment design tips:
- Use futuristic movable walls
- Slide each wall away and the room fully transforms into a kitchen, mattress, living room and even a bath tub!
- Install wall-mounted pull-out bed to save space as a bed occupies most area of home
- There are mirrors all over to create the illusion of more space
- Make full use of transparent windows to allow light in, thus the rooms are always bright
- Thus making this home not only technological marvel, but also an eco-friendly home.
Check out Gary’s video: